Sponsored by Yale College New Music:
YSO Reading Sessions:
Monday, Jan. 30th @ 4 pm, YSO rehearsal room, Formosa, by Andy Wong
Wednesday, Feb. 30th @ 4 pm, YSO rehearsal room, All Manner of Things, by Nathan Moran
Wednesday, Mar. 30th @ 4 pm, YSO rehearsal room, TBA, by Sasha Semina
Fall 2023, TBA @ 4 pm, YSO rehearsal room, TBA, Cameron Adams and Noah Stein
For 2023, a review was held to select the pieces for the next YSO Reading Sessions.
Submission Guidelines: DUE NO LATER than December, 2022.
Yale College composers are invited to submit three to five minutes of an original orchestral work for consideration, either a Finale or Sibelius file, to Prof. Kathryn Alexander by email.
184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, harp, piano, percussion, timpani, strings
Maximum of three percussion players. Choose from the following instruments:
- Mallets: chimes, glockenspiel, marimba, vibraphone, xylophone
- Metals: finger cymbals, crash cymbals, suspended cymbal (16” and 18”), large tam-tam, triangle (5”, 7” and 10”)
- Skins: drum kit (5-piece), snare drum, bass drum, tambourine, timpani
- Woods: castanets, claves, guiro, temple blocks
- Other: bird call, flexatone, ratchet, slapstick, sleigh bells, vibraslap
Works by Yale College composers that have been either read or programmed by the YSO:
Professors Kathryn Alexander and Konrad Kaczmarek reviewed the submissions.
Meeting with Maestro Boughton:
If chosen for the readings you must be available to meet with Maestro Boughton.
A composer’s piece will not be read if he/she fails to meet the Submission Guidelines with the appropriate professional-quality materials.