Sponsored by Yale College New Music:
YSO Reading Sessions for 2023: remaining YSO readings:
Monday, September 25th – 5.30 pm-6.30 pm (Woolsey Hall): Cameron Adams
Wednesday, October 4th – 5.30 pm – 6.30 pm (Orchestra Hall): Noah Stein
Wednesday, November 15th – 5.30 pm – 6.30 pm (Orchestra Hall): Sasha Semina
YSO Reading Sessions for 2024: a review will be held to select the pieces for the 2024 YSO Reading Sessions.
Submission Guidelines: DUE NO LATER than December, 2023.
Yale College composers are invited to submit four to eight minutes of an original orchestral work for consideration, either a Finale, Sibelius, or Dorico file, or a pdf score with a recording, to Prof. Kathryn Alexander by email.
184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, harp, piano, percussion, timpani, strings
Maximum of three percussion players. Choose from the following instruments:
- Mallets: chimes, glockenspiel, marimba, vibraphone, xylophone
- Metals: finger cymbals, crash cymbals, suspended cymbal (16” and 18”), large tam-tam, triangle (5”, 7” and 10”)
- Skins: drum kit (5-piece), snare drum, bass drum, tambourine, timpani
- Woods: castanets, claves, guiro, temple blocks
- Other: bird call, flexatone, ratchet, slapstick, sleigh bells, vibraslap
Works by Yale College composers that have been either read or programmed by the YSO:
Professors Kathryn Alexander and Konrad Kaczmarek will review the submissions.
Meeting with Maestro Boughton:
If chosen for the readings you must be available to meet with Maestro Boughton.
A composer’s piece will not be read if he/she fails to meet the Submission Guidelines with the appropriate professional-quality materials.